Have an account?

Friday, June 11, 2010

Serving others.



Okay so I'm off to a shaky start.

In my mind the next tip said "Pay for the person's coffee in line behind you." I was wrong.

42. Pay for the stranger’s coffee behind you in line::Head on through the drive through or even at a till in person and tell the cashier you would like to pay for that other person’s purchase as well. You will quite likely surprise the cashier and the other person with such a simple act of kindness.

So my best friend Danielle was working hard on some law school stuff at Panera. I know she is a coffee drinker so I said "Come get behind me in line." Of course she picked a pastry instead.

Cool beans except that she's not a stranger. Just a hard working law school student whose loyalty to me is unwavering. I know the idea is to do a random act for someone you don't know, but eh, I couldn't help but break the rules a little bit.

I think I'll still file this one away for the guy files, and the next coffee or pastry I buy will have a side order of tall, dark, and yummy man to go with it. Yeah, so far I like serving others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment