Have an account?

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Liberian Living: I'm Not Just Living

I just read about the UGA graduate who was shot on her lunch break, not too far from where my old roommate works in Atlanta. Three blocks away to be precise. The story of her death was so sad for me to read, because she had what one would call "her whole life ahead of her." I know her family and friends will reread every post on her blog, just to have a piece of her. I think it's a blessing that we can fossilize ourselves in that way. I'd be scared to die and all that I would leave is a facebook page.

Truly, each breath is God's gift. I am so stressed right now as I get ready to shoot another episode of MCC TV tomorrow. This time we'll be in the kitchen, and the foreign territory is exciting so I'll try not to see it as make or break my whole future TV career.

Words can't express how much I want/ need/ pray for my dreams to come to fruition. But I wonder if I'm missing something by not just enjoying the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment